Infrastructure Engineers has an immediate opening for a Traffic Engineer to work in our Brea, California location. We are a leading engineering consulting company for municipalities throughout Southern California and offer a variety of services, such as Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Land Development and Building and Safety Inspections, in addition to Traffic and Transportation Engineering.
Under general direction of the Company, the Traffic Engineer provides knowledge and skill to the design, construction and operation of traffic engineering projects and systems. The Traffic Engineer is expected to perform skilled and complex professional engineering work with minimum supervision. Assignments are usually broad in scope with opportunity for the use of independent professional judgment. The Traffic Engineer may be assigned to perform the duties of a City Traffic Engineer in a contract City on a full-time or part-time basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
May be assigned to perform the duties of a City Traffic Engineer.
- Responsible for preparing plans, estimates and specifications for design for transportation facilities, plan alterations and modifications of existing streets to improve traffic flow.
- Will advise and assist City’s departments, commissions, committees and City Council and provide interface with region and state transportation agencies.
- Will assess the potential traffic impact of proposed development/redevelopment projects and provide mitigation measures.
- Will help prepare engineering reports to the Commissions in response to requests for traffic control device installations and modifications, such as stop signs, crosswalks, traffic channelization and speed zones.
- Will help prepare grant applications for funding from federal, state and regional agencies for traffic safety studies and improvements.
- Identify, review and develop recommendations for corrective measures at locations experiencing accident rates higher than normally anticipated.
- Will provide cost benefit analysis to determine how the City traffic signals are being maintained and provide technical advice to City staff in connection with the maintenance and operation of traffic signal facilities.
- Studies traffic engineering problems and develops or oversees the development of plans for improvements.
- Directs surveys of traffic conditions, volume analyses, accident analyses and parking studies and writes reports on studies.
- Gathers data, develops justifications and requests and obtains cost and material estimates from appropriate sources for selected safety projects.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Knowledge of traffic engineering principles, construction and maintenance practices and statistical survey procedures.
- Basic computer programming as it applies to the operation of traffic control devices and systems, including AutoCAD.
- The principles, techniques and methods of pavement marking and traffic routing.
- Substantial familiarity with California MUTCD.
- Previous experience as a Traffic Engineer, preferably in a Southern California municipal system.
- Organize and conduct surveys, compile statistical data and prepare reports on traffic problems.
- Ability to perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Monitor objects or data to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Use graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts or other visual aids.
- Communicate with customers, clients and the public.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of Traffic Engineering experience.
- Must possess a Professional Engineering (P.E.) or Traffic Engineering (T.E.) license in the State of California.
- Must have a current valid California driver’s license.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Amount of Travel:
Moderate Local Travel (up to 40%)
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits. We have ongoing engineering job opportunities and offer a professional work environment – we invite you to join our growing team!
Click the button below or e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and please note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Infrastructure Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer